Friday, July 14, 2017

Cast in Amber

i should learn chinese
to write a long and beautiful
boldly calligraphed poem about you.

then, I should write
ten thousand more
each one better than the last
it would not be enough…

I would compare you to every flower
I have never seen, extinct,
ancient flowers growing wild
exotically delicate bright colored
so very sweetly fragrant
i would feign, faint, and feint
all confused as in that first seeing you
but it would not be enough…

I would compare you to wondrous
mountains and lakes of such beauty
that only exist in my imagination
maybe in the imaginations of
even greater poets and artists
but it would not be enough

but the simple Armenian lyrics
expressed it best for me
                  give me just one kiss
                  then I could die


but, again, it would not be enough…

June 2017
Bengbu

No comments:

Post a Comment